The University of Pittsburgh’s Mascaro Center for Sustainable Innovation named eight faculty awardees for the 2020 John C. Mascaro Faculty Program in Sustainability.
The one-year awards, created to enhance the University’s mission of interdisciplinary excellence in sustainability research and education, go to faculty members from all disciplines, who may apply as faculty fellows, scholars or lecturers.
This year’s honorees are:
John C. Mascaro Faculty Fellow in Sustainability
- David Finegold, professor of human genetics, Graduate School of Public Health
John C. Mascaro Faculty Scholars in Sustainability
- Tony Kerzmann, associate professor of mechanical engineering and materials science, Swanson School of Engineering
- Sara Kuebbing, assistant professor of invasion ecology, Department of Biological Sciences, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
John C. Mascaro Faculty Lecturers in Sustainability
- Joshua Groffman, assistant professor of music, Division of Communication and the Arts, University of Pittsburgh at Bradford
- Katherine Hornbostel, assistant professor of mechanical engineering and materials science, Swanson School of Engineering
- Robert Kerestes, assistant professor of electrical and computer engineering, Swanson School of Engineering
- Pamela Stewart, senior research associate, Department of Anthropology, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences
- Andrew Strathern, Andrew Mellon Professor, Department of Anthropology, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences