A record-breaking 13 Pitt alumni won Fulbright scholarships in 2019, shattering the University’s historical record of 11 recipients that was set in 2015.
Since its inception in 1946, the Fulbright Program has provided more than 390,000 students, scholars, teachers, artists and other professionals — chosen for their academic merit and leadership potential — with the opportunity to exchange ideas and find solutions to shared international concerns.
An interactive map details each Pitt Fulbright scholar for 2019, along with their locations.
They are, also, as follows:
- Suzanna Carnevali-Doan of Washington, D.C., who graduated in 2019 with degrees in Spanish and sociology will head to Brazil.
- Fiona Eichinger of West Chester, Pennsylvania, who graduated in 2019 with degrees in biological sciences and international and area studies, is set to travel to Malta.
- Zachary Enick of Bethel Park, Pennsylvania, will be abroad in France. He graduated in 2019 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in French and Italian and a minor in linguistics.
- Abigail Jarrett of New Cumberland, Pennsylvania, who graduated in 2019 with degrees in biology, chemistry and English writing, will head to Germany.
- Grace McHale of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a 2018 graduate who studied Spanish and political science. She will head to Brazil with her Fulbright scholarship.
- Steven Moon of Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania graduated from Pitt in 2017 with a master’s degree in ethnomusicology and is currently pursuing his PhD in the same field of study. He will be traveling to Turkey to complete research on his dissertation “Sound, Science Islam: Music as Healing in Istanbul.”
- David Nascari of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, will travel to Italy. He is a 2019 graduate with degrees in neuroscience and art history.
- Abigail Neer of Columbus, Ohio, is a 2019 graduate with a degree in linguistics. She will travel to South Korea.
- Jennie O’Donaghue of Chicago, Illinois, graduated in 2018 with degrees in Spanish and urban studies. She will head to Colombia.
- Jessica Penn of Milton, Pennsylvania, is a 2019 graduate with a degree in Chinese and a minor in Gender, Sexuality and Women Studies, and she will head to Taiwan.
- Saket Rajprohat of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is a 2019 graduate with a degree in marketing and a minor in political science. He is set to travel to India.
- David Skrovanek of Wexford, Pennsylvania, is a 2019 graduate with degrees in electrical engineering, German and cultural studies. He is off to Germany on his Fulbright scholarship.
- Elizabeth Withers of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a 2018 graduate with degrees in English literature and history and philosophy of science. She is heading to Colombia.
- Ivy Yen of West Chester, Pennsylvania, is a 2019 graduate with degrees in linguistics and psychology. She is traveling to South Korea.