The Pitt School of Education has selected 13 noteworthy educators with 2021 Distinguished Alumni Awards.
"In their work and through their studies, our alumni and student award recipients represent the highest ideals of the Pitt School of Education," said Michael B. Haas, the school's director of alumni and development. "They are leaders who are propelling their organizations forward and helping the communities they serve through their commitment to innovation, equity and justice in education."
Established in 1992, the Pitt Education Distinguished Alumni Awards are granted annually to outstanding alumni and students in the fields of teaching and learning, education policy, and health, wellness and human development.
The 2021 virtual awards ceremony took place on Thursday, March 25, 2021.
Meet the 2021 winners:
- Isabel L. Beck (Distinguished Alumni Award)
- Linda Rose Frank (Distinguished Alumni Award)
- Virginia R. Hill (Distinguished Pre K-12 Educator Award)
- Janet Marie Sardon (Distinguished Pre K-12 Educator Award)
- Seth A. Creasy (Distinguished Early Career Award)
- Jasime D. Williams (Distinguished Early Career Award)
- Mary Catherine Reljac (Departmental Award—Administrative and Policy Studies)
- Niall M. Moyna (Departmental Award—Health and Physical Activity)
- Rebecca S. Pringle (Departmental Award—Instruction and Learning)
- Cynthia J. Popovich (Departmental Award—Psychology in Education)
- Sarah E. Kurz (Student Leadership Award)
- Rachel Ann Schles (Outstanding Alumni Dissertation Award)
- Julia Adele Cavallo (Outstanding Alumni Dissertation Award)