As the University transitioned to new ways of working, teaching and learning this spring, technology proved to be a big part of ensuring remote operations functioned dynamically, reliably and well. Pitt Information Technology (Pitt IT) introduced or expanded a wide range of services to support the campus community throughout the region, across the country and around the globe.
With the University transitioning to Flex @ Pitt in the fall, staying informed about available IT tools and upcoming changes is more important than ever. Next week, Pitt IT is launching a monthly faculty and staff technology newsletter, IT Insider, to complement its student IT newsletter, This Is IT.
Whether you want a daily tidbit, weekly insight, monthly update, as-needed alert or anytime information, Pitt IT has a communications option: technology.pitt.edu/signup.
Pitt IT’s Top 5 Ways of Staying Plugged In
- Once a month, get all the important IT news you need to know delivered right to your inbox. The newsletter includes updates about new technology services, system changes and IT tips and best practices. Subscribe today at pi.tt/subscribe.
- Check out technology.pitt.edu/blog every week for the latest Panther Bytes blog. Written by staff and student IT bloggers, they are informal articles geared toward the non-technical among us that dig a little deeper into IT topics that matter to you.
- Whether you’re a Facebook fan, check Twitter all day or dig the memes on Instagram, be sure to friend/follow @ UPittIT for daily tech tips, fun facts and timely news.
- Get a text and/or email alert when there is a system outage, planned downtime, service change or active phishing scam. Opt-in to the “IT Alerts” and/or “Technology Tips and News (Tech Connect)” lists at pi.tt/alerts.
- The Pitt IT website at technology.pitt.edu has information about all of their services and upcoming training opportunities—just search or browse for whatever you need. The homepage has features and news, service status updates, upcoming events, alerts and notifications and quick access to the 24/7 IT Help Desk.
Connect to Pitt IT today at pi.tt/subscribe to help you get ready for the fall term and stay up to date the whole year long.