Pitt Commons is a way for members of the Pitt family to gain professional development skills and build their career network. Though things like career planning and networking might seem distant at the moment, using this period to connect with other students and alumni will help solidify your professional foundation, putting you in the most advantageous spot when it comes to your future.
The alumni who are on Pitt Commons are available to you both professionally and personally. There is a reason Pitt is known for having such a close-knit community, and now we must join together and help each other as we navigate this experience.
To join Pitt Commons, follow these simple steps:
- Visit commons.pitt.edu and create your profile.
- Answer some questions about your area(s) of professional interest. Once your profile is created, you can easily import your LinkedIn data to complete the details.
- Visit the "Explore the Community" page and search for alumni in your field/alumni who share your interests.
- Send an alum (or three!) a message to check in and introduce yourself.
- Check back regularly to the Pitt Commons discussion board for messages and helpful tips relating to such timely topics as virtual networking and how to prepare for an uncertain future.
- Don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions you might have about the platform and/or its utility at this time: email@example.com