Every year pre-school children in Pittsburgh enter kindergarten behind their more affluent peers. During these times, the same children’s risk of falling behind has grown exponentially. Being part of the Jumpstart program, you would not only help a child bridge that gap but give them the tools needed to overcome educational obstacles this year and beyond. Virtual or in-person, Jumpstart Pittsburgh is committed to helping our children succeed and believe you are essential to that process!
Through our program, you will:
• Mentor and grow the literacy and social-emotional skills of pre-school aged children
• Work on a team of your peers and build your network around campus
• Receive training in education and build skills in leadership, teamwork and service
• Earn 9.00/hr towards your work study award over the course of the school year despite COVID-19 restrictions
• Earn an additional AmeriCorps Segal Education Award of $1,200+ at the completion of your term of service
• Get OCC credit!
Join us for Zoom Info Sessions: July 29 and 30 at 11:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. both days (email for link)!
Or, if interested, please apply online.
We are excited for you to be part of our corps this year! Please email Thomas Bryant at email@example.com with any questions.