The Year of Engagement has announced $22,732 in matching grant funding to nine proposals designed to support new engagement initiatives. Awardees will discuss their winning projects during a series of virtual coffees and happy hours hosted on Zoom by the Year of Engagement Promotions, Marketing and Technology committee.
The virtual discussions, which also will be streamed on Pittwire Live, will continue throughout the semester to promote awardees and raise awareness about proposals.
On Thursday, Nov. 12, at noon, the first virtual coffee will recognize awardees:
- Judy Cameron, Department of Psychiatry: Collaboration to Bring Data Jam Learning Experience to Underserved High Schools/Develop Curricula to Interest Youth in Learning Data Analytics
- Ervin Dyer, Office of University Communications and Marketing: Hill District Stories (Oral History Project)
- Adam Hart, University Library System: The History & Future of Women in Horror
- Paula Tuttle, Department of Music, Kenneth P. Dietrich School of Arts and Sciences: Providing Online Events for both the Pitt Community and Greater Pittsburgh
On Monday, Nov. 16, at noon, the second virtual coffee will recognize:
- Caitlin Bruce, Department of Communication, Dietrich School: Hemispheric Conversations Urban Art Project
- Sheila Confer, Department of Theatre Arts, Pitt-Greensburg: Lift Every Voice: A Written/Spoken Series Focusing on Regional Diversity & Equity Writers
- Jorge Jimenez, Department of Bioengineering: Design Together/Diseño Juntxs: Engineering Art with the Latinx Community in Pittsburgh
- Lynn Kawaratani, University Center for International Studies: 20/20 Visions
- Abdesalam Soudi, Department of Linguistics, Dietrich School: Engaging Humanities in Health