Sponsored by the Pitt Innovation Institute, Pitt Alumni Association & CDPA Student Affairs
Attend the Global Entrepreneurship Week kick-off reception at the University of Pittsburgh. This event will start with a networking reception for alumni, faculty, students and friends from Pitt and CMU followed by 4 TedX style presentations from Pitt Innovators.
Hear how these faculty innovators were motivated to pursue commercialization, what path they are taking and the challenges they’ve faced. There are sure to be some great takeaways for anyone considering commercializing an innovation or starting a company.
Who Should Attend: Students, staff, faculty, entrepreneurs, the community, and anyone with an interest in entrepreneurship and innovation! This event is open to everyone.
- 6:15 p.m. Check In opens
- 6:20 p.m. General Networking Reception
- 6:45 p.m. 4x4 Tedx talks begin (4 talks of 15 minutes)
- 7:45 p.m. Q&A
- Laurel Chiappetta, Part-time instructor, Department of Statistics (representing TripleNote, a research app)
- Morgan Fedorchak, PhD, Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology, Chemical Engineering, and Clinical and Translational Science
- Rory Cooper, PhD, Distinguished Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Science & Technology, Founding Director, Human Engineering Research Laboratory
- John Cordier, Katz MBA student (representing Framework for Reconstructing Epidemiological Dynamics (FRED), a statistical modeling platform that supports decision making and forecasting based on dynamic human interactions)
For more information and to RSVP, visit the Global Entrepreneurship Week website. Questions? Email Babs Carryer or Megan Zimmerman.
Location and Address
Alumni Hall, Ballroom